Tax Fraud & Evasion
The Tax Fraud and Evasion Investigative Interviewing Course is focused on providing staff with the knowledge and skills to work within this environment.
Whereas other investigative interviewing training providers merely deliver a course that is based within a police context.
FIS® has developed a practical based course using tax fraud and evasion scenarios to provide staff with a learning environment that will allow them the best opportunity to be able to transfer their newly acquired knowledge and skills into the workplace.
All the lessons and scenarios are designed and delivered from a tax perspective ensuring that staff are able to fully relate to the material and thus increasing their understanding and retention.
We will specifically design and tailor the Model for your Organisation in line with your current practices and legislation. The training packages are designed around the delivery of the structure and theory of the Model and then to embed the Model each accountant has the chance to conduct a full interview.The Model outlines how to make the interview simple and is developed through the following phases:
- 1. Planning and Preparation
- 2. Introduction – Engage and Explain
- 3. Initiate a First Account
- 4. Topic setting – varied and extensive retrieval of information
- 5. Challenges of inconsistencies
- 6. Closure
The interview role-play scenarios enable the participant to demonstrate interview skills and embed learning via practice. Again, the practice of actually doing the interview via video link enables the individual to utilise the model in realistic conditions, while the rest of the team assesses their colleague’s performance.
The principle of adult learning and feedback from this training supports the view that individuals benefit from the action learning experience. Training Documentation A full debrief after each role-play provides the individual with valuable feedback for development. A comprehensive debrief document will be prepared after the programme for each individual as a reference record of their performance and a DVD of their interview will highlight areas for development.
In line with current International best practice for quality control, further interviews conducted in the field can be assessed within a 6-12 month period to ensure staff are utilising the Model.
- Improved levels of knowledge, planning, and interviewer skills raise effectiveness and save time, with relevant cost benefit
- Raising staff confidence levels, leads to increased job satisfaction and reduced staff turnover
- Improved control of interview contact and content leads to cases containing more relevant details, checkable facts and identified inconsistencies
For more information Email Us