Interviewing the Corporate Fraudster
The 2-day course examines the psychology of fraud. It focuses on the psychological process of how individuals 'Think, Act, React and Interact' within a fraud perpetrating context and examines the behavioural traits of the fraudster.
The course provides ethical solutions for the investigative interviewing of individuals who display 'Corporate Psychopathic' tendencies.
Ethical, effective interviewing requires you to take into account the nature of, and the considerations affecting, the psychological process of how people think, act, react and interact in any given situation based on social, behavioural and cognitive processes. “The hands manipulate the sword – the mind manipulates the hands”.
Investigative interviewing is an essential element of the investigative process that ensures natural justice and procedural fairness to all parties.
To understand the root causes of fraud, psychological explanations should be sought. The decision to deviate from the norm and commit fraud is not taken lightly.
Fraud deterrence and detection should therefore focus on how to deal with the underlying behavioural dynamics and psychology of fraud perpetrators including those who manage the fraudster and importantly the psychology of fraud victims.
An understanding of what motivates the fraudster, whether acting alone or in collusion with others inside or outside the organisation will identify behavioural risk factors that has the potential to identify fraud.
- Understand the psychology of Investigative interviewing
- Describe the four facets of Psychopathy
- Apply an investigative mind-set
- Identify opportunity, motivational and rationalisation factors to fraud offending
- Improved fraud prevention and detection
- Increased levels of detection and loss reduction
- Effective and improved identified inconsistencies in customer accounts
- Greater understanding and increased skills raise the effectiveness levels of interviewers, saving time and reducing staff costs
- Raised staff confidence levels leads to increased job satisfaction and higher employee engagement levels
For more information Email Us