Investigative Interviewing of Witnesses and Victims in Serious and Complex investigations
Victims and witnesses are a fundamental component of the Criminal Justice System.
They provide the information, intelligence and evidence to investigators, which enables offenders to be brought to justice.
The success of any investigation is largely dependent on the quality of material that is obtained during a witness interview.
The course is designed to include the following specific areas :
- Define an interview and its purpose
- Plan the venue and time of the interview
- Plan an interview strategy
- Prepare the witness for the interview
- Maintain the welfare and security of the witness
- Effective communication skills
- Commence the interview
- Obtaining an account Complete relevant documentation
- Closure of interview process
- Evaluate the interview
- Evaluate own performance
Features and Benefits
Interviews that are professionally undertaken and quality assured can have several advantages for your business.
- Direct an investigation
- Support the prosecution case, which saves time, money and resources
- Increases public confidence in your business
Delivering high quality training to nationally recognised occupational standards will enhance the reputation of your business.
The course is designed to meet all the required components of the National Occupation standards as set by Skills For Justice.
The course is aimed at all those who come into contact with victims and witnesses through their work either paid or voluntary including staff within statutory, voluntary, community and independent sectors.
Number of Students
The course can be taught to a minimum of 6 and to a maximum of 14 students.
To be negotiated but with a suggested range of 3—5 days
For more information Email Us