P.E.A.C.E Investigative Interviewing Course
The ‘P.E.A.C.E.’ framework of Investigative Interviewing provides a forensically robust model to secure complete, accurate, and reliable information in order to assist informed decision-making and add value to business.
This five day foundation course outlines the detail of this process, demonstrating how to maximize opportunity to capture detailed information in a forensically robust, ethical, and transparent manner; emphasising and evidencing the benefits of recording the process accurately, and how to ‘test’ the accuracy and honesty of what those interviewed tell you!
The course introduces core knowledge and context and is aimed at those working within any investigation and any others who undertake investigative interviews - ‘conversations with a purpose’ – and who recognise the clear business benefits and added value to their organisation and staff.
It outlines the appropriate process for planning and conducting interviews, delivery being enhanced by subject matter specialists with many years of applied experience conducting and evaluating the most challenging interviews.
In this context, interviewing is contiguous, and delegates will appreciate the skill of conducting interviews with a clear purpose, ‘open-mindedly’, and with an investigative mindset; the primary objective being to secure as detailed, reliable, and accurate an account as possible whilst avoiding ‘confirmation bias’, and utilising forensically appropriate questioning styles.
To provide delegates with a bespoke appreciation and awareness of the knowledge, understanding and skills required to facilitate the professional planning, conduct, and evaluation of any interview with an investigative purpose.
By the end of this course the delegates will:
- Develop their appreciation of effective communication skills
- Understand and be able to apply the P.E.A.C.E framework of interviewing
- Understand and be able to apply Cognitive Interview and Conversation Management Models within any interview
- Recognize the added value, security, and risk reduction of recording interviews
- Appreciate the business benefit of an applied strategic interview structure
- Provide participants with an investigative role with the necessary skills to competently interview witnesses and suspects using appropriate questioning skills and models of interviewing based on National Standards
- Equip participants with the skills to process investigation issues, complaints, or enquiries in the most efficient and effective manner to achieve successful outcomes
- Increase detection and conviction levels
- Raise and accelerate staff confidence and enhance their professional development
For more information on this course or if you wish to book a place on a public course please EMAIL US