Effective Audit Conversations
This course provides delegates with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to facilitate any meeting/interview with an investigative purpose.
The tools and techniques learned will help individuals make their conversations with interviewees more efficient, reducing the need to return to verify or probe for more information and enhance their personal credibility with stakeholders. In this two-day workshop, delegates will learn a process and techniques to enhance the quality of the Audit meetings/interviews they conduct.
The course focuses on building influencing skills and questioning techniques that will help auditors secure a detailed, reliable, and accurate account whilst avoiding confirmation bias and other common cognitive fallacies.
In order to tailor the course we will require input from relevant people to understand how current Audits/interviews are being conducted, methodology and the current standards of questioning and information retrieval.
Subject matter specialists with many years of applied experience conducting and evaluating the most challenging interviews deliver the course.
Upon completion of this seminar delegates will be able to:
- Understand the PEACE model of interviewing and appreciate its application to Audit.
- Conduct meetings/interviews according to the principles in the PEACE framework.
- Utilise proven questioning techniques to gather and verify information.
- Improve their interpersonal influencing ability with stakeholders to facilitate effective recommendations.
- Use a structured note-taking system.